Friday, 5 April 2013

Google site


I have just created my first Google site called “HPEjourney” and I have become dedicated to building the page. Although it is still in the works, I feel inspired and excited to use it when I go into my third block. It’s a great tool to post resources to, so students can view the material before class and review afterwards or before a test. The site also allows me to post homework or assignments on it so students can double check what the task is asking for. It is also a great way for students who are unable to come to class to know what they have missed and still manage to do the homework/assignment. I also include a tab for the school website, so parents and/or students have easy access to it for any questions they may have. In having a blog on this site, it can open the lines of communication between teacher and student and can be used as a domain for posting interesting thoughts/findings about the subject area. This would also allow students a platform for discussions about the subject area and a way to pose questions to their peers. This can expand the learning inside and outside of the classroom and provides an opportunity for collaborative and initiative skills to be developed. Students can also use the site as a way to participate, especially for those who are too shy to speak out in class.   

No comments:

Post a Comment