Wednesday, 24 April 2013

Use of Twitter and other social networks


The virtual teacher I had was Jamie Weir. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to have much conversation back and forth with her, as she went on maternity leave. However, I was able to check out her blog posts from last year to present. She had posted really interesting pieces that were relevant to the classroom. I learned the importance of discussing pieces of technology and debating over which works better in the classroom. Weighing the pro’s and con’s of each technology piece aids in selecting the piece that is best suited for your classroom needs.

In the future I can see this method of conversation being effective for me, to not only meet new people, but also develop and talk about what others have done and how I can alter it and make it my own in the classroom. It is also a great way to keep current and explore through conversation what works well in the classroom.

What is also really neat about virtual teachers is that you could even meet up with someone around the world to find out what they are doing in their classes. My next goal is to try and meet up with someone in another country and create an overseas project for students to do together on the computer.

How cool would that be?

Edmodo has been a useful tool, as a student, to communicate with other classmates and be able to check assignments, resources and reminders. I will definitely incorporate this into my classroom in the future as a way to communicate with my students and for students to collaborate and ask questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment